POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : IMBJR Flood : Re: IMBJR Flood Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IMBJR Flood
From: IMBJR
Date: 27 Aug 2000 05:13:52
Message: <39a8dbd0@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff wrote in message ...
>In article <39a81986@news.povray.org>, "IMBJR" <imb### [at] imbjrcom> wrote:
>
>> Just a place to exhibit my work.
>
>But for what reason do you want to exhibit your work, if not to hear
>(well, read) people's comments on it?

This may sound strange, but that's not what I do this for. I do it to
express myself. What others make of it is up to them.

>> Not enough space on my website!
>
>That *is* a problem...but it shouldn't be too difficult to get some
>space on some free provider.

It is easy, and I do have some, but it is taken up with other material.
However, as I have stated before I prefer Usenet for exhibition.

>> True, but this is how I prefer to exhibit my material.
>
>Why? Just wondering...

The impermanence of the medium. Websites can get too static. I know mine
does as it only gets updated once a quarter - and that's only with the stuff
I deem good enough.

>> I don't think many of my pieces went over that - animated or not.
>
>That may be so, but you have to admit, the sheer number of images was a
>bit overwhelming. :-)

I've posted more in other groups with less reaction. I suppose it is what
each group is used to.