POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pensacola Lighthouse [~32K Jpg] : Pensacola Lighthouse [~32K Jpg] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Pensacola Lighthouse [~32K Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Aug 2000 01:41:48
Message: <39a8aa1c@news.povray.org>
This is the lighthouse in the animation I posted yesterday at p.b.a.
A few changes, like domed faceted rooftop instead of a cone and I put the
"dayboard" on the side.  Not sure about it's location (btw, it's some sort
of channel marker thing I have no knowledge about) other than the mounting
brackets which don't appear to fit to it exactly.  It's not put up anymore
apparently so I saw no photos that way, only a guess.
I've done both animation and still using radiosity but it's not pretty so
this one is without.  I'll have to check into that further later.  I have
the ambient up so high on the building and all, plus a bright shadowless
fill light, that the shadows are terrible in this rendering.  Sorry for the
ugliness :-)  It's been difficult getting all textures and things to fit
together right, shadow to light, etc.
Scene file will be at povray.text.scene-files; I suggest using Ctrl A then
Ctrl C key presses to get it, there's 19K of redundant text.
If anyone has tips on getting good contrasting light/dark things nows
probably good a time as any to speak up  :-)

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pensacolalighthouse.jpg' (23 KB)

Preview of image 'pensacolalighthouse.jpg'
pensacolalighthouse.jpg