POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : IMBJR Flood : Re: IMBJR Flood Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IMBJR Flood
From: IMBJR
Date: 26 Aug 2000 18:38:38
Message: <39a846ee@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff wrote in message ...
>In article <39a83b6d@news.povray.org>, "IMBJR" <imb### [at] imbjrcom> wrote:
>
>> True, but I prefer the Usenet aproach to exhibition. I treat my
>> website as an archive of my best work.
>
>This isn't Usenet. :-)

Mmm, it is because it works by the NTTP protocol - which makes it usenet.

>This news server (news.povray.org) is a private server. With luck,

It's not private, you don't even need an account to access it. It is a
public news server that is a part of Usenet.

>everything posted to it is archived somewhere. It is a matter of
>politeness to the other people using this server to follow these
>guidelines...

I must admit I was not aware of such guidelines. Please post them for me so
I know what they are instead of just hearing of them second-hand. Not that I
don't trust you, it's just a matter of interpretation.

>BTW, people usually post their best work to these groups, and include a

Well, not to cast myself as some sort of Lord of POV, if that was the case
then there's a lot of learning to be done by the good people who post here.
Most of it appears to be experiments that people are trying out or
Works-in-Progress - neither are what I would describe as best work.

>link to a web page with the rest of it.

I must admit I do not read the text that comes with binaries, well not today
at any rate as I was attempting to download a considerable quantity of the
posts and could not read each one, only view its attachment.