POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : From contours to 3d modells in POV Ray : Re: From contours to 3d modells in POV Ray Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: From contours to 3d modells in POV Ray
From: Jim Kress
Date: 24 Aug 2000 20:44:33
Message: <39a5c171@news.povray.org>
Create a file that contains the stack of 2D images.  Then use the isosurface
function to create a 3D representation for a specific density value.

You can also create a POV density file from this data.  There are a number
of posts about utilities to do this from TGA files.  Look in
povray.binaries.utilities or search the news server for 'density' or df3.

Jim