POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Art Gallery 2 : Re: Art Gallery 2 Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Art Gallery 2
From: kane
Date: 23 Aug 2000 10:01:36
Message: <39a3d940$1@news.povray.org>
> Looks good, with some smell of very slow rendering :-)

  Yes, it was a bit slow, around 4 hours.

> The floor was better in the first version, it's to monotoneus now IMO.

Same floor, didn't change that...but I'll look into it.

> I wonder about the sky/glass, the sky itself looks very dark, even though
> there is much light coming from outside.  The glass does not seem to have
> variable reflection, furthermore it seems to lie on top of the frame while
it
> probably should be between.

  The glass is tinted, or slightly darker and thus gives it the darker sky.
I didn't alter the reflections of the glass but again I'll look into that.
I looked and the glass actually passes thru the frame, there is a slight
line you can see about half way up the side beams.

> I also would not give up the nighttime version, the lights at the single
> pictures look very nice.
>
> Christoph

Thanks...I'm currently rendering the Nighttime scene again, with radiosity
fixed, its at 28% done so far at 8 hours and 30 minutes time.
  Also, one thing of note...in the daytime view the single lights above each
picture the light is OFF thats why it appears like the there is no lights
coming from them, and so of course the lights are just going to cast
shadows...as are the picture frames themselves casue they don't give off any
light.