POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : URGENT: FRAME structure : Re: URGENT: FRAME structure Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: URGENT: FRAME structure
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 21 Aug 2000 14:42:53
Message: <39a1782d@news.povray.org>
In article <chrishuff-6BBA8D.11281121082000@news.povray.org> , Chris Huff
<chr### [at] maccom>  wrote:

>> Last time I checked it was over $1200 with no student discount in sight
>> :-(
>
> Ouch...is it actually used for anything?

I don't know, but the advertisements say it supports the full set Mac user
interface features.   And keep in mind that CodeWarrior is not that
inexpensive if you are not a student either :-(

>> It depends, one can get used to it...
>
> I guess I will have to wait for the public beta and see what it is like
> first-hand...

The IBM VisualAge product line (PC only) is probably the best way you can
try it out without Mac OS X, but it is expensive and only a few companies
seem to use it.  There also used to be a IBM VisualAge for Smalltalk for
over $4000 ... I had the pleasure to play with it for a weeks a few years
back during a 10 day internship (done in high-school).  Unfortunately I
still don't know Smalltalk, but it didn't look to difficult to learn :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde