POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wooden Isosurfaces (145k) : Re: Wooden Isosurfaces (145k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wooden Isosurfaces (145k)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 21 Aug 2000 08:35:07
Message: <39a121fa@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote:

> Francois Labreque wrote:
>>
>> Wow!  That's all I have to say.  I hope once you feel this is finished,
>> you'll share the code (or at least some pointers).
>>

> Thanks, it's a real mess right now (and i really mean a mess) so i will have to
> clean things up a bit first.  You should really *never* start naming your
> pigments P_A and P_B, because those things will lead to much confusion very soon
> :-)

> Maybe i can make some usable macro for those wooden planks...

I have a macro that lays out planks pseudo-randomly to create a floor of
wooden planks, given max/min lengths and so on.  Right now it takes two
textures, the wood texture and the grout texture (between the wood planks).
I'm not entirely happy with it, as it's not intelligent about placing wood
ends (if it were a real wood floor there would be no ends close on two rows
of planks, and there would be places no edges were near where the baseboards
run) but I'd be happy to share if it means I get a look at your iso code. ;)

Geoff