POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trip-let (8k) : Re: Trip-let (8k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trip-let (8k)
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 20 Aug 2000 22:27:25
Message: <39a0938d@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" <pet### [at] usanet> wrote in message

> Kevin,
> this is an awesome start! I remember that back then
> when Eric Freeman posted about a million pictures
> exploring this concept, I couldln't for the life of me do
> one of these. I am not sure I can now either. If
> somebody cares to explain, though...
>
> I think you should definitely look for Eric's stuff, I
> remember him doing a few with Gothic-style letters
> (which should be quite hard, right?)

I, too, was inspired by G.E.B.  The problem with making a macro is that not
all 3 letter combinations can be carved out of a block.  I discovered this
while trying to do my wife's initials (CFF).  Any two letters can be done,
though.  The gothic-lettered ones, as I recall (lost the code in a hard
drive crash) were made with a union of two paper-thin text objects, one
rotated.

Eric
http://www.datasync.com/~ericfree
"I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."
- Erwin Schrodinger talking about Quantum Mechanics.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'elf_logo.jpg' (32 KB)

Preview of image 'elf_logo.jpg'