POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Table & Stuff.... : Re: Table & Stuff.... Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:09:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Table & Stuff....
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 31 Oct 2000 04:09:40
Message: <39FE8D61.C8720951@unforgettable.com>
Oldstench wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:26:09 -0600, "GrimDude" <gri### [at] netzerocom>
> wrote:
>
> >I love it when I meet an artistic type person and introduce them to
> >povray.org. Download the code and introduce them to a simple scene. Their
> >eyes light up and always I hear, "That little bit of text makes that whole
> >scene?" heh...
> >
> >Grim
> >
> Hmm... I remember the first time I saw a real modeller after I had
> used POVRay for a while...my eyes lit up and I said, "Wow, I don't
> have to type in all that code to make this scene?"

Eh.. I've used modellers (nothing real high-end, mind you).. I found
them frustratingly imprecise, and I often had to go back and make
adjustments which were no different from what I would ordinarily do with POV-Ray.

On the other hand.. things like blobs and patches can really benefit
from a modeller. I wish there were some good (free or cheap though, not
commercial) ones for the Mac.

-Xplo