POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Multiple camera : Re: Multiple camera Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multiple camera
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 30 Oct 2000 22:01:47
Message: <39FE4443.D5F37ACE@yahoo.com>
> This could work. If you use MegaPov you can also render it as an animation with a
> #switch statement, using the frame_number as the parameter, so each frame would give
> you a separate tga file to work with.
>
> As for adding the "name" option, the development team is looking at ways to add onto
> the language, and I would like to see something a bit closer to object oriented
> language come in so I could set something to be at "cam1.lookat" or in the camera
> statement have "look_at MySphere.center".

I figured something for this:
let say the renderer (my own tool) knows how many cameras there is -> nCams;
and that both the tool and the pov file know what is the min/max clock ->
mClock;

then you could say that mClock is for Cam1, mClock*2 is for Cam2, and so on...
You can have a switch to see wich camera it is and give different settings for
each one... and then the tool could do the accumulation itself...  I would
personnally use OpenGL for this, since it can be accelerated and offline.

What I wanted to know was if POV-Ray alread had such a feature, if not it's a
matter of time 'til I define it myself...

Thanks,
	Simon
--
| Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |