POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Eagle Finished (unless there are any comments??) : Re: Desert Eagle Finished (unless there are any comments??) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert Eagle Finished (unless there are any comments??)
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 29 Oct 2000 23:41:25
Message: <39FCFC1F.1BB0163F@yahoo.com>
> I don't like the wings, they don't seem placed right (too high)  and the
> texture style doesn't fit with the rest of the mech. I also think the
> feathers on the head are a bit much, makes it look like more of a peaccock
> than an eagle (though I like the feathers on the side, on the heels
> especially). I was think maybe you could work a sort of metal suggestion of
> feathers into the head through a bump map or changing thr model (just a
> thought). I also heard you talk elsewhere of fitting weapons pylons into
> those slots next to the head and making these stylistically like wings. I
> thought this would be a good idea, did it not work out?

It think the author wanted the mech to have an Indian look... we only see
destructive beast looks for usual mechs... this one is different!

I saw a movie once on mech combat, don't remember the name tho... some kind of
arena, anyway, the mechs always had Humanlike looks, and at one combat there is
a mech that is different, it is much more powerful because it has eight legs! An
arachnid! More stability, but heavier and I think that is its flaw...

Originality is way better than conformity!

--
| Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |