POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My attempt at a shag carpet/rug (warning LARGE download 320k+ ) : Re: My attempt at a shag carpet/rug (warning LARGE download 320k+ ) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My attempt at a shag carpet/rug (warning LARGE download 320k+ )
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Oct 2000 14:43:17
Message: <39F9CCC6.5864E7EB@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Johnny Smith wrote:

>     But I fear that it would take forever and a day from what I have seen so
> far.
> If anyone out there has any ideas for this...please let me know.
> I think this "rug" actually has potential!

It looks quite good, but i have no idea what makes it that slow, you should give
some more information and/or the complete render stats.

One thing would be removing most of the light sources and adding radiosity, but
i can't tell from the picture whether that would render faster.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>