POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Displacement mapping with POV-Man! : Re: Displacement mapping with POV-Man! Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Displacement mapping with POV-Man!
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 27 Oct 2000 03:31:19
Message: <39F92F99.B087A7CC@aetec.ee>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> I have not much idea how the shape looks like, because it appears very 'cloudy',
> but those shaders seem an interesting thing.  How do they work combined with
> regular pov-stuff ?

Shader in POV-Man is object's pigment and modifies pigment's color and
opacity (transparency), so it should work with regular "stuff" more or
less as expected. At least I hope so: I haven't tested it yet with
advanced features (such as multiple layered textures, media, photons,
glows etc.) and perhaps there are problems, lurking around.
Or did You meant something else?