POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Copy pane not working for messages in 0.5 : Re: Copy pane not working for messages in 0.5 Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copy pane not working for messages in 0.5
From: Pabs
Date: 24 Oct 2000 22:07:09
Message: <39F64097.92D6C737@hotmail.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> "Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> > The ability to copy the message window is apparently not working in 0.5
> > for Windows.
> I also frequently have problems with it, seems that the ability gets lost when
> the program is running for longer time.

I investigated this phenomenon a while ago (can't remember which group it was in
prob p.w) & found that it is to do with the number of lines that the message
window can contain.
Say u do render 18-24 times in one session the copy pane thing won't work & the
horizontal scroll bar will die.
If u add say 50 lines of debug messages to each render then these things will
happen much earlier.
It manifests in the official version 3.1g as well.

--
Bye
Pabs