POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POVMan released : POVMan released Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  POVMan released
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 21 Oct 2000 15:38:57
Message: <39F1F11B.FB2F9B66@aetec.ee>
Hello!

Finally I've decided to release my custom patch of POV-Ray, called
POVMan. POVMan adds limited RenderMan (R) Shading Language support to
POV-Ray: object pigments could be described with Shading Language.
This version has several limitations, with respect to RenderMan SL, most
notably lack of support for surface derivatives, texture mapping
functions (bumps, texture), and matrix type. (I intend to add them in
next versions). However, I've tried to make it as compatible as possible
with existing RenderMan implementations and quite a number of existing
shaders could be run without modifications (or with minor
modifications).

Source code for Linux (or Unix) and Windows, Windows binaries and
documentation for both platforms could be downloaded from my homepage:
http://www.aetec.ee/fv/vkhomep.nsf
follow (surprise-surprise!) "POVMan page" link.
or alternatively, here is direct link to download page:
http://www.aetec.ee/fv/vkhomep.nsf/pages/povman2

Be sure to download documentation in order to get idea about how to use
POVMan!

I really hope, that this patch is useful for someone and not very much
of bugs is left there...