POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : Games? : Re: Games? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:37:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games?
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 21 Oct 2000 13:53:34
Message: <39F1D88D.59C3449E@yahoo.com>
> I'm just wondering, does anyone here have any interest in game
> programming?  I've got a few ideas, and I'd like to field them
> Thanks!

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I just subscribed to this newsgroup and
so, I know very well how to program in C++ and use OpenGL, I've made a few
really cool and really fast screen-saver like 3D programs with OpenGL.

I could easily make a sprite game( with little 3D, orthographic camera, etc..),
I could also make a very nice 3D space rally, if you provide the textures for
example...

OpenGL is also very good for making GUI... menus and such are very easy made and
can even be accelerated by a 3Dfx!....

If anyone is still interested, I am!

Simon

--