POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : VB-Coder für Modeller gesucht! : Re: VB-Coder für Modeller gesucht! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:30:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VB-Coder für Modeller gesucht!
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Oct 2000 03:31:50
Message: <39F14666.E7D3134B@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Paul Blaszczyk wrote:

> The communication is much easier. Especially, when you discuss very
> complex things.
> And not every german is one of the best in english...like me ;)

Yes, but probably most programmers experienced in povray related stuff and GUI
programming including things like OpenGL probably know the special vocabulary
much better in english than in german, even if they speak german in the first
place.

> Difficult? I don't think so. And why ineffective? Ya mean the speed?
> It's possible (i
> think you haven't read my post completly ;)  to use c++/ASM-DLL's in
> VB-Projects,
> that makes the programs so fast like a c++ program.

Probaly VB programs are never as fast as c++ or delphi code can be (i did read
your part about c++/asm dll's, but this covers only the parts of the program
written in the single dll's) but that was not the thing i wanted to point out.
There are a lot of techniques possible in c++ and delphi that make life easier
for the programmer when dealing with large projects i remember not beeing
implemented in VB (maybe some are now), for example:

- function pointers (pointers in general ?)
- the concept of OOP (including class libraries for many special purposes)
- dynamic arrays
- overloading functions

Again, i don't want to discourage you, just think you might consider a different
programming language.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>