POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface help please : Re: Isosurface help please Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:10:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface help please
From: David Fontaine
Date: 20 Oct 2000 15:57:12
Message: <39F0A0F2.38E18E72@faricy.net>
Mike Williams wrote:

> Let's try so solve this equation
>
>     abs(x/6+3-floor(x/6+3)-.5)-2/6 = 0

[snip]
Sorry, I wanted a triangle wave if said equation equals y, not if it is less
than or equal to zero. That way, by making it less than or equal to zero I
get a regular pattern of solid space and empty space. That equation should
give me what I want, but I was wondering why there was a plane at x=0:

x-floor(x):

dividing by 6 increases the wavelength, adding 3 translates it, subtracting
the .5 makes half of it go below the x-axis, and taking the absolute value
inverts the lower portion to form the parts with negative slope:

So I'm thinking perhaps it is a bug.

Anyway, I got what I wanted using modulo so it doesn't matter.