POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : other than Berkeley mpeg encoding : Re: other than Berkeley mpeg encoding Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: other than Berkeley mpeg encoding
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 19 Oct 2000 19:00:35
Message: <39EF7D1D.65B3F204@ij.net>
Matt Giwer wrote:

>         For those like myself who can not get the Berkeley files to run (and
> for the folks who say it works but won't answer how) here is another
> source of an encoder.

	As the gods would have it, in the last few weeks MPEG-1 encoder and
MPEG-2 encode and decode compiled for linux have shown up. I have tested
both and they work fine -- and Gimp 1.x includes the code for using
them. If they are needed by anyone, let me know and I will send or make
available on the web.

	Comment on Gimp, its utilization code is not perfect. For example it
works fine on 0-99 but from 100-199 it looks for 0100-0199. But it does
that by creating a parameter file which you can hand edit. Also the
default IBP sequence produces huge and jerky mpegs. Where it has BB I
editted to one B and reduced the GOP from 16 to 11. Much smoother and
have the size. Also, increase the buffer by times 10 seems to help.

--
If gays want to get out of the gene pool there is
obviously nothing lost.