POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : 24 entries! : Re: 24 entries! Server Time
11 Jun 2024 20:41:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 24 entries!
From: John VanSickle
Date: 16 Oct 2000 21:21:43
Message: <39EBAAD4.FF6C26D3@erols.com>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> I must say that the coolness of the topic increases the number and
> quality of entries.....

There are certain authors who are able to achieve coolness no matter
what the topic is.  Neil Alexander and Howard Day are notable among
this group.

Some topics lend themselves to POV-Ray more easily than others, too;
that's when there are the most entrants, even though 3DS, Blender,
and other CG apps are becoming common in the IRTC.

Back when someone suggested the topic "JFK", the first thing that
popped into mind was "This animation was brought to you by the letters
J, F, and K."  Then I'd go on and do what I really wanted.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459