POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : can any one tell me what's wrong with my iso? : Re: can any one tell me what's wrong with my iso? Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: can any one tell me what's wrong with my iso?
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 16 Oct 2000 18:46:48
Message: <39EB843E.DC7FEA8D@hotmail.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> I must admit that i didn't even check if it worked somehow :-) The if(,,)
> construct was very unfamiliar to me.

I found out what it really does 1 hour ago   :)

> After thinking a bit about it, i believe it is probably the most simple way to
> create this particular shape, using a CSG of planes would be quite more
> complicated.

I've done this with CSG and it's not much more complicated - but, yes, the
CSG-code looks uglier.

> On the other hand it does not work with 'method 2' and things like surface
> perturbation with noise3d and pigment functions.

Ehhh... I know nothing about this.
You see - I'm a newbie to MegaPOV and iso-surfaces.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html