POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : can any one tell me what's wrong with my iso? : Re: can any one tell me what's wrong with my iso? Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: can any one tell me what's wrong with my iso?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Oct 2000 07:47:43
Message: <39EAEAE0.7EF31B92@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> There's nothing wrong with your ISO. =)
>
> The problem is your camera position and your
> light setting.
>
> See code below my suggestion for a new scene with
> your iso-surface.

I must admit that i didn't even check if it worked somehow :-) The if(,,)
construct was very unfamiliar to me.

After thinking a bit about it, i believe it is probably the most simple way to
create this particular shape, using a CSG of planes would be quite more
complicated.

On the other hand it does not work with 'method 2' and things like surface
perturbation with noise3d and pigment functions.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>