POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires : Re: The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:09:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires
From: Jérôme Berger
Date: 13 Oct 2000 05:38:54
Message: <39E6D82E.5FB6F94C@enst.fr>
Steven Pigeon wrote:

> A nice little scene, about 100,000 frame level objects,
> about 5000 light sources, took 29d 15h to render on a 233 Pentium 2.
>
> All the wires are in fact Hermite Splines.
>
> If you can guess what this devices does, tell me.
>
> Comments?
>
> Rendered at "desktop size" 1280x1024. Comments?

	HEY!! You stole my idea! I've been trying to render a scene called "The
Machine" for 3 month (It should take about the same time as yours to
render, but between tripping over the power wire, having someone reboot
the machine behind my back and POV's inability to restart a png
render...).

	Yours is nicer than I expect mine will be though.

--

* Doctor Jekyll had something * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* to Hyde...                  * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger