POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires : Re: The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:10:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Oct 2000 03:37:33
Message: <39E6BBBD.6D18774C@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Steven Pigeon wrote:

> A nice little scene, about 100,000 frame level objects,
> about 5000 light sources, took 29d 15h to render on a 233 Pentium 2.
>
> All the wires are in fact Hermite Splines.

I looks good, but 29 days is quite a lot for such a scene.

I wonder how it would look like without the light sources just using radiosity.
Of course it would be much different but maybe not bad after all and probably at
least a bit faster.

> If you can guess what this devices does, tell me.

particle accelerator ?

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>