POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My 1st Image - In Progress (66kb) : Re: My 1st Image - In Progress (66kb) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My 1st Image - In Progress (66kb)
From: Cris Williams
Date: 12 Oct 2000 15:37:18
Message: <39E612E6.9A3AFCC5@netscape.net>
Thank you!  But it really is the first one.

The multiple light sources grew out of my total inexperience with using light
sources and my efforts to get highlights and shadows in the right places without
obscurring the normal.  I am definitely not happy with the lighting yet.  I
especially don't like the way the shadow from the "WBD" falls on the SW compass
point and the lack of contrast in that area.  I used some shadowless lights
because all of the shadows were making the surfaces too "busy" looking.  If you
look closely you'll notice the smaller disk with the blue gradiant doesn't cast a
shadow either.

Cris