POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : robo sphere [47.2 Kb] : robo sphere [47.2 Kb] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:09:28 EDT (-0400)
  robo sphere [47.2 Kb]
From: Paul Daniel Jones
Date: 10 Oct 2000 08:55:34
Message: <39E31209.8E81CB93@psu.edu>
First, my apologies to Rune, I blatantly stole his idea. i actually
thought the idea of a "tech sphere" was a good place to learn some new
techniques :-)

Anyhoo, these images use the bump_map command and a look_like light
source (the glowing red thing on the inside). I do not like the
bump_map, is there a way to shrink the size of the map and tile it? it
appears that it is just wrapping one copy around the sphere. I dod not
use spherical mapping (which I probably should have) or the "once "
command.

Anyway, these are not supposed to be very good, just little digital
doodles.

-paul

--
-------------------------------------------#
Paul Daniel Jones

http://research.chem.psu.edu/glassgrp/paul

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'robo sphere.jpg' (7 KB) Download 'robo sphere1.jpg' (10 KB)

Preview of image 'robo sphere.jpg'
robo sphere.jpg

Preview of image 'robo sphere1.jpg'
robo sphere1.jpg