POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Unofficial version requirement bug with julia_fractal? : Re: Unofficial version requirement bug with julia_fractal? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unofficial version requirement bug with julia_fractal?
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 9 Oct 2000 10:07:15
Message: <39E1D2CB.BD920A8E@free.fr>
Warp wrote:

>   I haven't tried with the latest, but at least with megapov 0.5a if I try
> to make a julia_fractal like:
>
> julia_fractal
> { <.1,.2,-.3,.4>
>   quaternion sqr
>   max_iteration 5
>   slice <1,1,1,1>, 0
> }
>
> megapov says:
>
> error: This feature requires MegaPov 0.3.
> Specify '#version unofficial MegaPov 0.5;' IN THIS FILE to enable this feature.
>
>   It should not require it because it works in the official povray.

	In Parse_Julia_Fractal (parse.c):

	There's a conflict in the MegaPOV code between the original 'sqr' item
and another one added by Chris Huff for the "Noise3DCubeSqrHatPatch" and
isosurfaces. Code is missing in here to handle the official use of 'sqr'.
So consider it as a bug - sorry but no time today to fix it :_(

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr