POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : radiosity free : Re: radiosity free Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:09:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity free
From: Hugo
Date: 8 Oct 2000 16:02:42
Message: <39E0E0C8.D798F37D@mailme.dk>
Sorry I don't get it... Is it possible to make POV emit light from more
than a single infinite small point? If so, I'll be a happy man... But I
only know the solution of setting up, for example 50 point light sources
in some sort of shape, to simulate a "real" area of light.. Every light
in real life, actually comes from an area.

"Area lights" in POV are nice but they only affect shadows, and not the
light itself. Which is logical. The usual problem on todays 3D programs
are that they use incorrect and simplified models of physical laws.

Hugo.