POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Enhanced photons : Re: Enhanced photons Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:09:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enhanced photons
From: Alberto
Date: 7 Oct 2000 19:33:09
Message: <39DFB2A7.C89AF9AF@usb.ve>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> The problem is this:
>
> Ray-tracing assumes (incorrectly) that all of the light in the scene comes
> from a single (or multiple) point light sources.  In reality, much
> (sometimes the majority) of light comes from indirect diffuse interaction.
>
> To compensate ...

>                                                     ...In reality, the
> light source would be dimmer (making the caustics dimmer), and diffuse
> interaction would make everything (including the shadow areas) brighter.

Interesting. Your remarks remained me not to overlook the limitations of
point light sources.

> Your solution is good, though it would be better if your "fill light" was a
> shadowless light.

Well I was focussed in a slow time rendering solution. Shadowless light
is a faster one.

I have start some experiments with radiosity. Its amazing how radiostiy
can change an image. With some settings you can make the glass glow.

Alberto