POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request for abstract/mathematical animations : Re: Request for abstract/mathematical animations Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:36:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request for abstract/mathematical animations
From: Ken
Date: 7 Oct 2000 01:19:05
Message: <39DEB12C.C465D96F@pacbell.net>
Tom Melly wrote:

> BTW can anyone tell me if I crossposted correctly?

Your crossposting did work correctly. However as stated in the
crossposting guidelines for this news server we would prefer it
if you set the followup-to: header to a single group as described
in the quote below:

"We also ask that if you do find that you must cross-post to this
server that you do so with moderation. Try to find the groups that
best fit the content of your message and restrict them to just a
couple of relevant groups. Additionally if your news program
supports it use the Followup-To: header of your program to restrict
any replies to your cross-posted message to a single group. This
will help reduce the clutter on the news server and keep any
discussions of your message localized to a single group."

As you can see I added a followup-to povray.general to this
message. Anyone who replies to it, no matter what group they
are in, the message will appear in .general only.