POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity Pics (less that 60kbu total) : Re: Radiosity Pics (less that 60kbu total) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Pics (less that 60kbu total)
From: Jérôme Berger
Date: 6 Oct 2000 04:23:08
Message: <39DD8BE9.1DE59539@enst.fr>
Josh English wrote:

> Using Gilles Trans radiosity test file from some time back I started
> playing with a light plane instead of a skysphere, so I could simulate
> the light coming from different angle in what I hope is "nearly
> parallel" instead of all encompassing. The first one is rendered with
> the light coming from the left side, the second has the light comming
> from the upper right, and the third has lighting fromthe back.
>
> These were rendered on a Mac using MegaPov 0.5, so they will probably be
> dark on Windows machines (I know they were on mine.)

	Funny: the second one is much brighter than the others...

	The shadows cast on the plane don't look very good, but the light does
indeed appear to be coming from the right direction...

--

* Doctor Jekyll had something * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* to Hyde...                  * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger