POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : BMP format : Re: BMP format Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BMP format
From: Ken
Date: 4 Oct 2000 10:48:33
Message: <39DB4238.F8F0623C@pacbell.net>

> John VanSickle wrote:
> >
> > Can the server be configured to reject attachments with the BMP
> > extension?

I don't know off had without consulting with Mr. Cason about it.
Might be possible but likey not worth the hassle.

>         Or could the maximum file size be lowered? Is there such a limit right
> now? How much is it?

The following is based on some actual knowlege of the server while
other parts are educated guesses:

The server currently imposes a 1 meg limit on all messages. This number
could be adjusted on a group by group basis but I think at the moment
it is a global setting for all of the groups. If lowered it would likely
impact the binaries.animations group whose files sizes are generally
much larger than in this group.

I personally don't see a need for a change at the moment. I believe
that peer pressure works well and most people do not make the same
mistake once being informed of the problem.