POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Macro stuff : Re: Macro stuff Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro stuff
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Oct 2000 09:26:37
Message: <39D9DE8F.F13073D4@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Zilvah wrote:

> hmm... I know this isn't a help newsgroup, but still....
> I am gonna redesign a computer background for a college, and the high people
> there
> wanted me to use some dots in formation... I wanna do it in 3d, with small
> marbles,
> but I dunno how to make it without a lot of work...
> the best I could think of, was askin ya guys for a little macro help...
> The spheres (marbles) has to be in a similar formation as the image above,
> but I want
> them to look as the where in a tornado (uhm... what I mean is they must have
> different
> coords along the z-axis or whatever)
> is this possible? if so, I would REALLY appreciate if ya guys could show me
> a little macro for it :)
> Thanks!

You could probably start with making a grid of spheres using two nested while
loops.  The effect in  your sample could be achieved by an increased random
displacement and leaving out some position from bottom to top.

BTW, you should consider using jpg for posting pictures here, downloading 600k
can be really boring and you could easily compress this pict. to below 100k.
Please read the guidelines in p.f-a-q.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>