POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : candycorns (~118K) : Re: candycorns (~118K) Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:10:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: candycorns (~118K)
From: Anton Sherwood
Date: 1 Oct 2000 22:46:51
Message: <39D7F8B9.74809D02@pobox.com>
Doug Eichenberg wrote:
> I'm sorry for those of you who do not have candy corn in your country.
> This stuff is great!  Of course, when I lived in Europe I discovered
> that many Europeans do not eat regular corn either (evidently that is
> largely an American thing).

I gather that they consider it pigfeed.  (Folklore says major
misunderstandings have sometimes occurred when Americans shipped maize
overseas as emergency relief.)

Incidentally, our cousins in the Former Empire apply the word `corn' to
all grains.  Americans at first called maize `Indian corn' and later,
when the word `corn' otherwise fell out of use in American dialects, it
no longer needed the adjective.

--
Anton Sherwood  --  br0### [at] p0b0xcom  --  http://ogre.nu/