POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Recursive Pyramid ~250kb : Re: Recursive Pyramid ~250kb Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:12:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recursive Pyramid ~250kb
From: Josh English
Date: 28 Sep 2000 17:15:38
Message: <39D3B4F8.32E7436@spiritone.com>
POV-Ray includes a sample macro that deals with a similar issue.

Under Scenes\Macros\Pyramid and Pyramid2 are the files you're looking for. Part of the
trick is to include
a direction in the macro, so that it doesn't back track on itself.

Josh

ian wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here is a little pyramid I've made with the help of a macro from the
> internet. It took about one day to parse and render.
>
> I use an iteration 8 pyramid sponge 25 times to build another pyramid, which
> I use 25 times to make another, and I do this once again resulting in 15,625
> of those iteration 8 pyramids using my 3 loops.
>
> The way I do it creates about 8 superfluous pyramids per loop (which were
> uncounted in the 25 figure), so about 512 useless RAM sucking pyramids for
> the whole thing (8 in loop1 8times in loop2 8times in loop3).
>
> I'd like to get rid of them. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Here is the untersheisse demo image and the source (therefore making this
> inappropriate for P.B.S-F).
>
> ian
>
>                            Name: RecursivePyramid.pov
>    RecursivePyramid.pov    Type: POV-Ray scene file
(application/x-unknown-content-type-POV-Ray.Scene)

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac
eng### [at] spiritonecom