POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Small, regular flame (take 2 - lantern) : Re: Small, regular flame (take 3 - lantern) Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small, regular flame (take 3 - lantern)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 27 Sep 2000 03:57:33
Message: <39D1A8AF.87A741F3@kivisalo.net>
Yann Ramin wrote:

> Well, I increased the brightness of the flame and encased it in glass.
> Something doesn't look right...

I like this but the flame still doesn't look biright enough. If a scene is
lit just by a couple of candle or gas flames the flames themselves are off
the brightness scale compared to the rest of the scene. Small radiating
area, inverse square falloff, you know.

Here is a reference.

Kari Kivisalo                                  http://www.kivisalo.net

Post a reply to this message