POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : abbrevs in pov-mode : Re: abbrevs in pov-mode Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: abbrevs in pov-mode
From: Peter Toneby
Date: 25 Sep 2000 16:59:31
Message: <39CFBCB2.C25D2F85@acc.umu.se>
JRM wrote:

>     Hello all.
>
>         I'm using Emacs under Windows 98 to edit my .pov files and when I'm
> trying to implement some per-mode abbreviations using the command C-x-a-l I
> get the message that there are no per-mode table for pov. Yet, I can clearly
> see that the line (pov-mode-abbrev-table) does exist in my .abbrev_def file
> in my home directory. So, what gives ?  The power of the minor abbrev mode
> is mainly what makes me prefer Emacs over the Codemax editor that comes with
> the distribution of POV for Windows.

I suppose this is something I should be able to answer, but I can't
since I
haven't played with the minor abbrev modes, I find that Alt-tab is
enough,
and with the latest (beta) release of pov-mode most keywords (I'm sure I
have
missed a few) have abbrev support by alt-tabbing. I'm not sure what you
really
want to do, so I'll stop mumbling now ;)

/Peter
--
Alpha Test Version:  Too buggy to be released to the paying public.
Beta Test Version:  Still too buggy to be released.