POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gravity Probe MKII : Gravity Probe MKII Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:09:16 EDT (-0400)
  Gravity Probe MKII
From: Børge Berg-Olsen
Date: 24 Sep 2000 16:17:08
Message: <39CE6101.3305B4C@dod.no>
Now, here is an interesting tidbit for you science lovers... according
to Einstein a spinning planet should twist the fabric of space-time. To
see the effect, all we need is a perfect gyroscope. And a perfect
telescope. And a perfect vacuum in a perfect chamber in an orbit 400
miles up. After 40 years of planning and half a billion dollars, the
test is about to begin....

The text above is fetched from
<URL:http://www.britannica.com/bcom/magazine/article/0,5744,2034,00.html?query=gyroscope>
and should give some interesting reading. It got my brain spinning (pun
intended), and I produced this following image. Nothing much really,
basically your average sphere and torii ... well, and some
intersections.

The image isn't much, but it allowed me to show you the article. Read
it, you might find it interesting. ;-)

  +47 90 62 71 78          DoD#2101, DoDRT#017, NIC#015, PJ#006, OGM#007
  azo### [at] dodno, Ducati M600, Clementine  Ubesudlet: Aldri eid en J&%#PS.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gravity_probe.jpg' (34 KB)

Preview of image 'gravity_probe.jpg'