POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Afghan Sunrise (133K) - problem with star background : Afghan Sunrise (133K) - problem with star background Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:11:18 EDT (-0400)
  Afghan Sunrise (133K) - problem with star background
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 23 Sep 2000 12:59:52
Message: <39CCB00D.1012C1E3@ndh.net>
Hi Tracers!

Finally, by trial and error, I found out how to render the atmosphere
from orbit correctly... but now a new problem occurs.

As you can see, I used a sky sphere with stars - and all stars behind
the media-filled sphere which makes up the atmosphere appear exaggerated
in size and brightness. Is there any way to avoid this effect?

Here the POV code for the "air" in the atmosphere sphere:

#declare Air =

   material  // Air

   {

      texture

      {

         pigment

         {

            color rgbft <1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0>

         }

      }

      interior

      {

         ior 1
         media

         {

            scattering

            {

               4 ,  rgb <0.0, 0.5, 1.0> // isotropic scattering

            }

            density

            {

               spherical