POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Black Sphere ??? : Re: Black Sphere ??? Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:10:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black Sphere ???
From: Hugo
Date: 23 Sep 2000 06:04:46
Message: <39CC801E.9535551A@post3.tele.dk>
Hello Wyldegod,

I rendered the file and see what you mean, though, it's not a shadow. It
also took me a little while to figure out, cause I rarely use this
function.

The problem is the "Lightening_Sphere". I don't know what you intended,
but remove "looks_like {Lightening_Sphere}" and the black sphere is
gone. Besides, the reason why it was located on the ceiling, is because
you wrote:

#declare Lightening_Sphere = sphere { <0,35, 0>, 10 }

When you add this sphere to the light source, the Y direction is 35+35.
Because the position of the light source, and the position of the sphere
are added. So you should declare the "Lightening_Sphere" at origin.

Keep POV'ing,
Hugo

Wyldegod wrote:

> I have been using the pov 3.1 for about 3 or 4 days and I have a
> question about a black sphere that appears on the ceiling in a
> enclosed space I have created.
> I used the lightbulb declare (slightly modified) from the tutorials to
> create a lightning sphere and it seems to have created a shadowed
> image of the sphere on the ceiling

-snip