POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Ice Planet (final?) [111k] : Re: Ice Planet (final?) [111k] Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ice Planet (final?) [111k]
From: David Fontaine
Date: 22 Sep 2000 22:45:33
Message: <39CC17DB.49E160A6@faricy.net>
Steve wrote:

> It's really looking good, there's always more that can be done to an image,
> so sometimes the trick is knowing when to stop.

Thanks! Hmm... I think you're right.

> Try lowering the gamma just a touch in the global settings, it might
> save you a lot of work.

Okay, thanks! Which one though (assumed, display...), I really don't know much of
how POV handles gamma.

> The set of tracks closest to the camera could do with being a bit more uneven
> but they look good as they are, especially those converging tracks further
> away.

Someone else just said the same thing. :) It's a bump_map (duh) so I can easily
distort it in the graphics editor (duh).

> >I'm probably overly self-critical though. Does it look like it has
> >progressed?
>
> Yes certainly.

After a bunch of overnight renders I'm more frustrated that it's not looking like
my mental picture rather than viewing it objectively ;-/