POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Earth view from orbit - media functions? : Re: Earth view from orbit - media functions? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth view from orbit - media functions?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 21 Sep 2000 20:38:34
Message: <39CA9BDD.1F1217C4@peak.edu.ee>

> But whatever scattering mode I use, I never get the blue gradient
> atmosphere seam along the horizon familiar from real images shot from
> orbit...  can anyone here help me further?

The correct scattering type for a (clear) atmosphere is probaby Raleigh
(type 4). The atmosphere gets thinner at higher altitudes, so perhaps you should
also simulate that (density with "onion" or "spherical" pattern). And for the
amosphere to be blue, you obviously have to tweak the colour of emission,
scattering, etc.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee