POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : New Model : Re: New Model Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Model
From: ryan constantine
Date: 18 Sep 2000 06:32:12
Message: <39C5EF13.3AA8FF8F@yahoo.com>
there are a couple things you can do.  first, you can use the
orthographic camera to take a left and right side or top and bottom
picture of the elements of your scene.  hopefully, the car is made of
several pieces or you'll have a harder time with this.  then you go into
a paint program and paint the decals you want on the respective parts.
then you image map them using the planar mode.  to see an example of
this, go to h.e. day's website and download his raptor model.  it uses
two images (one for top and one for bottom) for his spaceship.  if you
need help changing his halo to media so you can render the image, either
comment out the media or post again here and i'll tell you what to
change. second, try the first method first and if that doesn't work for
you, come back here.