POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Feature Idea: Rotational Coordinants : Re: Feature Idea: Rotational Coordinants Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Idea: Rotational Coordinants
From: Pabs
Date: 18 Sep 2000 05:31:19
Message: <39C5E17E.E75F0130@hotmail.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> That is what my proximity pattern calculates. However, it is slow, and
> noise in the result makes isosurfaces intolerably slow.

Chris - have U thought of changing this to be dependant on the type of
object with your method the default for new objects.
Sphere could be very fast - just a vector subtraction & VLength. -Don't know
about other objects though
Like Nathan's UV mapping patch add your new function to Method_Struct &
write a new version for all/most current objects
I'm using this in my upcoming object camera patch

Seeya
Pabs