POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Check out my povray rendering farm! : Re: Check out my povray rendering farm! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Check out my povray rendering farm!
From: Francois Dispot
Date: 16 Sep 2000 16:26:36
Message: <39C3D77A.7AC42F8C@club-internet.fr>
Warp wrote:

> Simon Lemieux <lem### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> : Ok, give me a file.pov that can erase
> : all my hard disk!
>
>   A pov file that #fopens a startup file (such as .login) and appends there
> some nasty shell commands... The file could also open povray.ini and
> append the nasty commands there as a pre-scene or post-scene command.

That was exactly what I had in mind... also create a nice script named
"povray", just for fun, to see how your path is set...
But it could also create an infinite number of files. Or infinitely long
ones. It costs you nothing to saturate the filesystem.

Note that I (and I think Warp too) am not bashing an idea I think good
and useful :-)
I would be very sorry if you got in trouble just because you opened a
nice rendering farm to everyone.

--