POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : other than Berkeley mpeg encoding : Re: other than Berkeley mpeg encoding Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: other than Berkeley mpeg encoding
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 16 Sep 2000 15:47:17
Message: <39C3CDB2.17B26728@buckosoft.com>
Matt Giwer wrote:

>         I mean I have been over the docs in much detail (and the Berkeley docs
> and such) and nothing I try works. I noted what you say and have tried
> it. I have noted what everyone has said and have tried it, mainly those
> who say it works for them.

But you never gave any clues.  Just "It core dumps".

Do this to your berkeley encoder.
Edit your Makefile and add -g to the CCFLAGS var.
make clean
make 2>&1 | mail -s "Matt's encoder build" dic### [at] buckosoftcom
mpeg_encode blah
[ wait for it to core ]
gdb mpeg_encode
mail me that stack trace. (cut and paste it, don't type it in)

dik