POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : other than Berkeley mpeg encoding : Re: other than Berkeley mpeg encoding Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: other than Berkeley mpeg encoding
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 16 Sep 2000 05:49:55
Message: <39C34263.567D9E3@ij.net>
Sander wrote:

> Matt Giwer says...
> >       For those like myself who can not get the Berkeley files to run (and
> > for the folks who say it works but won't answer how) here is another
> > source of an encoder.
> >
> >       I have not figured it out yet but it did compile and it did run neither
> > of which would happen on the Berkeley. Hopefully others will try this as
> > the documentation gives a new meaning to obscure.
> >
> I was curious enough to d/l the lot and look into one thing and another.
> It did compile using Borland's C++Builder and it runs although I have no
> suitable files to process, so it did nothing.
> Have you seen that only YUV and PPM input formats are supported? I looked
> them up and they seem to me a bit unusual. I don't think I would have a
> use for all this. First convert TGA into YUV?
> The documentation: I'll probably have a look whenever I think I'm
> depressed, because it's nice to see that it can get still worse.

	Pardon but I am feeling dumb after so many posts.

	I mean I have been over the docs in much detail (and the Berkeley docs
and such) and nothing I try works. I noted what you say and have tried
it. I have noted what everyone has said and have tried it, mainly those
who say it works for them.

	Not to brag but to make a point, my first Fortran program ran 33 years
ago. Maybe I am getting senile and missing something very obvious. I
just have no idea what my problem is. I have not tried TGA to YUV but I
have tried PPM and failed. And I noted the multiples of 16 and I don't
know.

	At this point I'll take a tar.gz whatever of everything that people
have to does work if anyone is willing to make the effort.