POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : lights : Re: lights Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lights
From: Josh English
Date: 15 Sep 2000 11:27:36
Message: <39C2400E.BBD1C2F4@spiritone.com>
I would use an area_light.

light_source {  0*x   color rgb 1.0
  area_light
  <8, 0, 0> <0, 0, 1> 16, 1
  adaptive 0
  // jitter
  looks_like { cylinder { <-4,0,0> <4,0,0> 0.25 pigment { rgb <1,1,1> }
finish { ambient 1 } } }
  //rotate 90*y
  translate <0, 3, 10>   // <x y z> position of light

}

Shadows will be accurate, but highlights wont be, which is why most people
dont' like area lights.

Instead of the 8 in the first vector, just put in the total width of the
light

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac
eng### [at] spiritonecom