POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu) : Re: Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 14 Sep 2000 12:56:05
Message: <39C1029D.D7056852@inapg.inra.fr>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:

> Computer monitors can display images with contrast ratios 5-170 which
> is quite similar to photographs on paper. My theory is that to get natural
> looking images we should emulate the compression scheme used in photographs
> as a post processing step and use the "scientific settings" on a scene.

Since I've little knowledge in lighting and photography theory, it's hard to
comment on this, but what strikes me is that in MP radiosity, a good balance of
light intensity vs brigthness can give amazingly "good" (meaning visually
satisfying) results. I'm running other interior radiosity tests using a
photograph as comparison and I've been able to reproduce the basic effects very
quickly. The render time is another matter of course...
G.