POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lizard Skins? : Re: Lizard Skins? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lizard Skins?
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 14 Sep 2000 09:27:50
Message: <39C0D2CC.182F44AE@reading.ac.uk>
Hi Chris

Chris Huff wrote:
> The displacement warp might be useful for this...my most recent version
> includes the ability to push the texture toward/away from the brightest
> parts of the control pigment. It only needs one call to the pigment
> being displaced, and 6 calls to the control pigment(to figure out the
> direction and distance to push the point.

Is this in v0.3.1? The documentation for the displace warp indicates
that it takes a pattern rather than a pigment statement.

If I implemented the method I use in software, rather than using
functions, it would only take eight calls to the crackle function.
Unfortunately, you can't save the return value of a function to use
later, you have to repeat the call and this causes a large processing
overhead.

> --
> Christopher James Huff
> Personal: chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/